Saturday, January 29, 2022

Life of Christ Class, Part Two - An Invitation

 

Life of Christ Class, Part Two




Many years ago, my father bequeathed me a massive 1500 page volume on the life of Christ. Reading it changed my life, and created in me an appetite to study the life of Christ that has never gone away. As of this writing, I have spent over a thousand hours on this study. Indeed, there is no one biblical subject I have studied more, including any of my books. Some time ago, I wrote an in-depth course about Jesus with a special focus on the political and religious culture of His day. I am extending the offer of a free course to everyone on my blog list. The course will run on Monday nights beginning March 14 from 7 PM Central to 9 PM via Zoom. You will receive a hundred page syllabus from me which you will use as we work our way through the course. The course will run for about six to eight weeks, depending on how it goes. In that time we will cover the second half of Jesus' life. This is a continuation of the course I offered last year, though you do not need to have taken last year's course to take this one. Between them both, we will have examined in context every single event and story between His birth and His crucifixion.

Because this course will use a syllabus that must be emailed to you I will need to establish some kind of registration. If you know you plan to take the course please simply reply to this email. I will need that response by Sunday, March 13. From those responses I will create a special email group that I will use to communicate with you, and that I will use to send you the syllabus on Monday morning, March 14. If you have any questions I can answer for you, as well, please don't hesitate to ask. Again, there is no charge for this. It is underwritten by my Patreon supporters and is entirely free to you. I simply need to know whether you plan to be part of it or not.

Thank you.  

4 comments: