Monday, June 27, 2022

A Request With an Offer

    


     Brennan's Pen is a curious ministry in at least two respects. First, it is unique. I do not know of another one like it. Second, it has grown organically over time. I did not set out to have a blog, publish books, email sermons, teach classes online, or minister to local church leaders. Twenty-five years ago, while reading a book, I said, "Hey, I think my friends would like that statement." So I sent it to them. And the Quote List, currently numbering nearly 600 men in ministry, was born. While preaching through the life of Christ, I decided to write a companion series online. And a blog named Concerning Jesus, currently numbering about 900 subscribers, was born. Someone reading this blog wrote to ask me to consider writing books. And The Greatest Sermon Ever Preached was born. People began ask for my sermons. And Brennan's Pulpit, currently numbering about 125 subscribers, was born. Covid happened. And free online college level classes were born. 

     As one thing in the above paragraph led to another, the costs associated with providing this amount of free content began to mount. Other than for my books, I do not charge for anything. And I do not begrudge that. For health reasons, travel is very difficult for me. It is a joy to me that I can minister to so many people geographically removed from me anyway. But over time, as the Lord has expanded Brennan's Pen to impact more and more people, the costs associated with it have grown as well. On a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis I pay Clover, Dropbox, Zoom, Xulon, and Mailchimp, and an editor and a secretary. Since the last time I asked for support (May of 2021), I have published one book, taught thirty hours of classes, written fifty blog posts, provided about 140 sermons, delivered about 275 book selections, and sent out about 212,000 emails, all with completely free content. I have also spent more hours than I can count on the phone, online, and in person ministering to men all across the country. 

     In light of this, very simply, I am asking you to consider supporting Brennan's Pen. I ask rarely, in fact, I should probably ask more than once a year, but I am asking now. The Lord birthed this ministry. He is using this ministry. I have judged it worthy of my investment. I would be grateful for your help along the way. 

     Since my costs are ongoing costs, I am asking you to support me via Patreon. Patreon is the world's largest funding site for content creators, including writers like me. You create an account, decide how much to support Brennan's Pen monthly, they take a small cut, and send the rest on to me. 

     As a thank you to those of you who do choose to support Brennan's Pen, I make two things available to my patrons, as Patreon calls them. First, via Dropbox, you get access to all of my archived book quotes. Currently, they total about 2,500 spanning hundreds of topics and more are added every week. Second, via Dropbox, you get access to about 1,300 of my sermon outlines. These are not for stand alone messages, but for all the series I have preached. Some of these have become blog series or books, but most have not. This includes the full notes for 7 class curriculums, 4 biographical series, 7 doctrinal series, 15 expository series, and 29 subject series. Any new sermon series I write gets added as well.

     If either of these interest you - helping me as I minister to hundreds of churches via Brennan's Pen or having access to these resources - simply click on this link. It will take you to my Patreon page where you can sign up. 

     Thank you for your consideration. It is a privilege to serve you. 


1 comment:

  1. I prefer using Patreon because they bill monthly... it's easy to have "dozens of monthly" charges when each has a different bill date.
    but if all your content creators bill through Patreon one bill shows where each is receiving... not to mention those hidden fees.... every time your credit card is used a percentage is charged fee for processing. plus a "30¢" charge making small charges more expensive than larger payments (a $1 payment costs about 33% fees while a $10 payment charges only about 10% or 11%)

    ReplyDelete