Saturday, August 12, 2023

My Fourth Praise List

 

Praise 10

 

Today’s post is another praise list. I call this one The Glory of Thy Name. It was birthed out of a sermon series I preached on some of the names of God. It is a great way to remind myself of Who He is and of my relationship to Him. In this, I see God as Isaiah saw Him, high and holy and lifted up. And it humbles me, motivates me, and warms me.

 

Adonai

          -defined, Lord and Master

          -You have the right to implicit obedience

          -You grant me clear direction as Your servant

          -It is an incredible honor to be in Your service

          -You always provide what I need to accomplish Your service

 

Elohim

          -defined, plural strength, God

          -You are the Trinity

          -You are the One Who creates

          -You keep Your word and all the covenants/promises You have made

 

Jehovah

          -Defined, the One Who is Who He is, LORD

          -You are the God Who requires righteousness

          -You are Yourself affected by the destruction sin brings

          -You did not rest until You made it possible for me to be righteous

 

El Shaddai

          -defined, the pourer forth, Almighty God

          -You are the bountiful provider of blessing

          -You are the fearsome pourer out of destruction and judgment

 

El Elyon

          -defined, The Most High God, The Highest, The Most High

          -You are supreme, not just God of the Jews, but the entire world

          -You are God alike of saint and sinner

          -I have nothing to fear from any other spiritual power

          -There will come a time when all the world kneels before You

          -Lead me to that voluntarily

 

El Olam

          -defined, perpetual, for ever, The Everlasting God

          -You will always keep Your promises

          -You have granted me everlasting mercy

          -You will never forget me

          -You love me with an everlasting love

          -You will always be strong

          -You wrote a Book that will always be right

          -You live in an everlasting Heaven

          -You give joy that lasts forever

          -You mete out everlasting punishment

 

Jehovah Sabaoth

          -defined, The Lord of Hosts

          -You have an army of angels available to help me

 

Father

          -You love me, no matter if I break Your heart

          -there is here help for me my entire life long

          -there is here instruction for me in how I ought to live

          -there is here discipline, lovingly administered

          -there is here patience with me when I struggle and fail

          -there is here provision for my needs even before I know them

          -there is here protection from danger

 

Jesus

          -defined, Saviour from sin

          -You came to save me from my sins

          -As the High Priest/sacrifice on the Day of Atonement

          -As the Paschal Lamb

          -as the cities of refuge

          -as the Fourth Man in the burning fiery furnace

          -as the Desire of All Nations

          -As the Sun of Righteousness with healing in Your wings

No comments:

Post a Comment