Saturday, July 15, 2023

My Second Praise List

 

Praise 6

 

          One of the things I want to do in this blog series is not only emphasize the importance of praising God, but I also want to help you develop the ability to do so. To that end, I intend to include several lists that I use during my praise time with the Lord. The last one I call my Gratitude List. This one is named Praising God About His Word. It includes a series of simple statements about the Word of God along with supporting Scripture passages. I recite each statement, read each verse, and then talk to the Lord for a while upon that point. If I spend two or three minutes on each point I have just spent 30-45 minutes praising the Lord.

 

1) I need to praise You for Your Word.

Psalm 119:62 At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee Because of thy righteous judgments.

Psalm 119:164 Seven times a day do I praise thee Because of thy righteous judgments.

Psalm 56:4 In God I will praise his word, In God I have put my trust; I will not fear What flesh can do unto me.

Psalm 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, And praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: For thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

 

2) Your Word is consistent.

Psalm 119:86 All thy commandments are faithful: They persecute me wrongfully; help thou me.

Titus 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

 

3) Your Word is permanent.

Psalm 119:89 For ever, O Lord, Thy word is settled in heaven.

Psalm 119:160 Thy word is true from the beginning: And every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: But the word of our God shall stand for ever.

John 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1 Peter 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

 

4) Your Word is amazing.

Psalm 119:129 Thy testimonies are wonderful: Therefore doth my soul keep them.

Psalm 119:161 Princes have persecuted me without a cause: But my heart standeth in awe of thy word.

 

5) Your Word is inerrant, entirely pure.

Psalm 119:140 Thy word is very pure: Therefore thy servant loveth it.

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

 

6) Your Word is tested and stands strong.

2 Samuel 22:31 As for God, his way is perfect; The word of the Lord is tried: He is a buckler to all them that trust in him.

Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: The word of the Lord is tried: He is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

 

7) Your Word is good, provoking and providing goodness in my life.

2 Kings 20:19 Then said Hezekiah unto Isaiah, Good is the word of the Lord which thou hast spoken. And he said, Is it not good, if peace and truth be in my days?

Hebrews 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

 

8) Your Word is right about everything.

Psalm 33:4 For the word of the Lord is right; And all his works are done in truth.

 

9) Your Word is true. It contains no falsehood. It is the epitome of truth.

Psalm 119:160 Thy word is true from the beginning: And every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

2 Corinthians 6:7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

 

10) Your Word is certain to accomplish Your purpose.

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: It shall not return unto me void, But it shall accomplish that which I please, And it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

 

11) Your Word impacts my heart.

Jeremiah 20:9 Then I said, I will not make mention of him, Nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, And I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.

Jeremiah 23:29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

 

12) Your Word is powerful.

Luke 4:32 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

 

13) Your Word gives life.

Philippians 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

 

14) Your Word cannot be chained.

2 Timothy 2:9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment