Saturday, July 29, 2023

My Third Praise List

Praise 8

 

Today’s post is another praise list, as I call them. This one I call Promise Thanks. I find a quiet place, pull out my list, and one by one, work my way through each promise. I thank Him for them. And weep.

 


 

-to be with me

Hebrews 13.5 … he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

 

-for victory over sin

Romans 6.7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

 

-for somewhere to run

Psalm 46.1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

 

-for sufficient grace

II Corinthians 12.9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

 

-for provision

Psalm 37.25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

 

-for strength

Isaiah 40.31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

 

-for glorification

Psalm 138.8 The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

 

-for working all things for good

Romans 8.28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.

 

-for the impossible

Matthew 19.26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

 

-for love

Romans 8.38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

 

-for peace

Isaiah 26.3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

 

-for comfort

II Corinthians 1.3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort.

 

-for drawing nigh

James 4.8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you…

 

-for protection

Psalm 91.1, 4

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. ... He shall cover thee with his feathers, And under his wings shalt thou trust: His truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

 

-for care

I Peter 5.7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

 

-for good

Psalm 34.8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: Blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

2 comments: